On this site we discuss the 14 points raised by Phil Kotler. Every two weeks we pick one and engage in lively debate here and on our Facebook page.
Please join us.
The current state of capitalism is falling short because it:
- Proposes little or no solution to persistent poverty
- Generates a growing level of income inequality
- Fails to pay a living wage to billions of workers
- Not enough human jobs in the face of growing automation
- Doesn’t charge businesses with the full social costs of their activities
- Bag II Animal Chameleon II 073 Shoulder Chameleon Exploits the environment and natural resources in the absence of regulation
- Creates business cycles and economic instability
- Emphasizes individualism and self-interest at the expense of community and the commons
- Encourages high consumer debt and leads to a growing financially-driven rather than producer-driven economy
- Lets politicians and business interests collaborate to subvert the economic interests of the majority of citizens
- Favors Bag Chameleon 073 Chameleon II Shoulder II Animal short-run profit planning over long-run investment planning
- Should have regulations regarding product quality, safety, truth in advertising, and anti-competitive behavior
- Tends to focus narrowly on GDP growth
- Needs to bring social values and happiness into the market equation.
We will add to the list as our discussion develops. To propose additions or modifications, leave a reply below or send us an email.